devPhobe (n): A developer with a fear they might break something, often in production, if they make certain changes; frequently caused by a lack of automated testing services
Agile Syndrome (n): A developer condition, often characterized by one or more of the following traits:
- Follows the principles outlined in the Agile Manifesto
- Works in small iterative changes, rather than large unmergable code branches
- Exudes passion about automating builds, deployments, and rollbacks
- Writes and runs automated tests with every commit
- Writes infrastructure as code using industry standard tools like Terraform and CloudFormation
The devPhobe was afraid to merge his code to master, but once he came down with AgileSyndrome he realized his code could be tested fully in a protected environment, and the well outlined rollback strategy erased all anxiety.